Wednesday 8 April 2009

Colin Macintyre - In Residence

A wee message from Colin himself regarding his imminent residency at 12 Bar Club, London:

"Hi all

A few more bits of info on my London 12 Bar Club London residency dates, which start today, Wed 8th and continue through Weds 15th, Tues 21st, Tues 28th. (see below for more details or click here)

Football Fans - I know some of you (and me, even though Celtic are knocked out) will have one eye on the Champions League football during this time so I'll be taking the stage each night after the games finish - around 10ish - so come along win lose or draw!

(My Gran is coming along this week - all the way to London from Mull - she fed and watered me during the recording back home...I hope she's bringing her Chicken Curry...)

I'll be playing songs from my new album, 'Island', and each week different tracks from The Water, This Is Hope, Us and Loss. I've also had some B-side suggestions too since last week's newsletter. I'm since re-learning the chords to 'Ugly Buildings Are Beautiful', 'Sad Old Day To Be Down' & 'Don't Suffer'. Tweet your requests or follow me on Twitter

More info on Island's worldwide release coming soon.

As I mentioned last week the first play of my new single 'Cape Wrath' will be on Sat May 2nd when I'll be live in session on the Dermot O'Leary Show on BBC Radio 2. Tune in or stream live on iPlayer

Here's a selection of your requests for my live cover version for the show... Rocket From The Crypt, Olivia Newton John, Neil Young, Sebastien Tellier, REM, Husker Du, Indigo Girls. Got some more? If so, email them

Colin"

For the record I suggested a cover of A1's "Caught In The Middle". Do let me know if he does it!

No comments:

Post a Comment