Sunday 6 September 2009

The Cat on "Where The Action Is" Kirkcaldy VRN 1287 AM - Sunday 6 Sep 2009 Ellie Greenwich special

This is the playlist for tonight's Ellie Greenwich special:

The Beach Boys - I Can Hear Music (Capitol 1969)
The Quik - Bert's Apple Crumble (Decca 1967) (show theme)
The Exciters - Do-Wah-Diddy (United Artists 1963)
Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep - Mountain High (Philles 1966)
The Drifters - I'll Take You Where The Music's Playing (Atlantic 1965)
The Searchers - Be My Baby (Pye 1965)
Ellie Greenwich - Come Take My Hand (Unreleased Demo/Coke advert)
Bevereley Jones - Wait Til My Bobby Gets Home (HMV 1963)
Karen Verros - Little Boy (Dot 1965) (Connect 3)
Billie Davis - That Boy John (Columbia 1964) (Connect 3)
The Orchids - That Boy Is Messin' Up My Mind (Columbia 1963) (Connect 3)
The Raindrops - The Kind of Boy Can't Forget (Jubilee 1963)
The Summits - Hanky Panky (Harmon/Rust 1963)
Ellie Greenwich - You Don't Know (Red Bird 1965)
Ellie Greenwich - Baby (Red Bird 1965)
The Dixie Cups - You Should Have Seen The Way He Looked At Me (Red Bird 1964)
The Four Pennies - When The Boy's Happy (The Girl's Happy Too) (Rust 1963)
Leslie Gore - Maybe I Know (Mercury 1964)
The Rockin' Berries - I Didn't Mean To Hurt You (Piccadilly 1964)
The Jelly Beans - Baby Be Mine (Red Bird 1964)
Meantime - Friday Kind of Monday (Atco 1967)
The Ad Libs - He Ain't No Angel (Blue Cat 1965)
Reparata & The Delrons - Why Do Lovers Break Each Others Hearts (Unreleased)
The Chiffons - I Have A Boyfriend (Laurie 1963)
Bobbie Miller - What A Guy (Decca 1965)
Ellie Greenwich - Nothing Went Right (Unreleased Demo)
Connie Francis - Don't Ever Leave Me (MGM 1964)
Moody & The Deltas - Everybody Clap Your Hands (Daisy 1964)
Bob B Soxx & The Blue Jeans - Not Too Young To Be Married (Philles 1963)
Andy Kim - I Hear You Say (I Love You) (Red Bird 1965) (Connect 3)
The Ronettes - Baby I Love You (Philles 1963) (Connect 3)
Emmaline Jones - What Good Is I Love You (Dawn 1974) (Connect 3)
Darlene Love - (Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry (Philles 1963)
The Darlettes - Here She Comes (Dunes 1963)
The Crystals - Heartbreaker (Unreleased 1963) (Two of a Kind)
The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me (Philles 1963) (Two of a Kind)
Sam Hawkins - Hold On Baby (Blue Cat 1965)
Veronica - Why Don't They Let Us Fall In Love (Phil Spector 1963)
Tony Pass - True True Love (Atco 1966)
Neil Diamond - Cherry Cherry (Bang 1966)
The Butterflys - Good Night Baby (Red Bird 1964)
The Quik - Bert's Apple Crumble (Decca 1967) (show theme)

Next week's show sees the start of a new weekly feature, the A to Z of The Beach Boys.

Remember, if you're ever involved in a non-fatal accident in the Kirkcaldy area, do tune in on 1287AM or Channel 3 on the hospital headsets to "Where The Action Is", a blend of mod, coul, Motown, girl groups/singers and alternative pop from the late 50s through to the early 70s.

Feel free to leave a comment or indeed a request or two. I can't promise to play it immediately - the shows are usually done live but prepared two or three weeks in advance - but I'll endeavour to play them within a month.

The Cat
=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment