Monday 26 January 2009

Where Are They Now? #1 Paintbomb!

As regular Jocknrollers will know, the Jocknroll website (and this all-new Blog) is a co-production between Dave and myself (The Cat =^..^=). Dave has kindly given me permission to post three tracks on the Blog by his old band Paintbomb! The tracks were produced by Jamie Watson.

Once I've given Dave keys to the Blog I'm sure he'll regale you with tales of rock 'n' roll debauchery, dodgy amps and choppy ferry crossings.

I've made an executive decision to make this the first of a hopefully regular feature where we'll try and find out about the gone-but-not-forgotten Scottish bands of yesteryear. Well, the ones we like at least.

Feel free to get in touch if you want to tell us about your old band and how you could've been contenders. You don't have to been a well-known band, just Scottish or at least Scottish under what we at Jocknroll HQ call "The KLF Rule" i.e. you must be 50% Scottish and have at least two Jockanese members. The KLF didn't qualify for the polls we ran in 2006 and 2007 as we felt they weren't Scottish enough, hence the rule. (Every rule must have an exception so we plumped for Big Country. And, er, Franz Ferdinand...)

1 comment:

  1. Nowe there's something I'd love to hear.....but I cant find the mp3s!!!!

    ReplyDelete